Our Rental Policy
1. DEPOSIT AND PAYMENTS: 50% of your reservation is due within 24 hours of your reservation. The total is due 30 days (60 days for reservations of two weeks or more) prior to your check in date. If you have a credit card on file it will be charged automatically unless other payment arrangements are made. Please review your reservation and make sure all the information including check in and check out dates are correct.
2. PAYMENT TERMS: Credit Cards, Electronic Funds or Electronic Checks are accepted. There is a $100 charge for all returned checks plus the cost of collection.
3. AGE/OCCUPANCY RESTRICTIONS: We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent for the duration of the rental period. Any violation of this policy will result in loss of all monies paid and termination of your rental agreement. You will be required to vacate the property immediately. If your party is below the maximum occupancy and additional persons are added after your reservation is confirmed, you must inform us in writing of the additional guests. Your additional guests shall not exceed maximum occupancy. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, you will be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments.
For family reunions, weddings and other large parties, social gatherings should be restricted to a clubhouse facility or the beach. Use of an individual vacation rental for such gatherings is strictly prohibited and is a violation of your rental agreement.
4. CANCELLATION: We know that emergencies can occur or plans can change. That is why we encourage our guests to Purchase Travel Insurance from one of the providers at the links below when booking! If you find you need to cancel your reservation, our policy is as follows: There is a $200.00 cancellation fee for any cancellation notification received more than 60 days prior to occupancy (120 days prior for reservations of two weeks or more). There are no refunds if the reservation is cancelled less than 60 days (120 days for reservations of two weeks or more) prior to the arrival date and all monies paid on the reservation will be forfeited.
CSA Travel Insurance or Travel Guard Travel Insurance are just two of your options. Google search “vacation rental travel insurance” for other choices. Most require you to purchase travel insurance within a set time after booking so be sure to purchase promptly.
EXCEPTION: Once you notify us in writing of the need to cancel your reservation, every effort will be made to re-rent the property. If the unit is re-rented for the same time period and the same rent amount, a cancellation fee of $200 or 5% (whichever is greater) will be charged. If the unit does not re-rent, all monies paid to Coastline Vacation Rentals, LLC will be forfeited.
Travel Insurance fees and Reservation fees paid are not refundable on any cancelled reservation.
5. RATES: Rates, terms and applicable taxes are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to move Guest up to 30 days in advance to a comparable property or refund the Guest the amount paid.
6. DAMAGE POLICY/SECURITY DEPOSITS: Prior to your arrival, a credit card number must be given to keep on file for a security deposit. This is to protect us from possible damages to our property. Security charges will only be applied to your credit card if necessary, and you will be notified. Guests are financially responsible for all damages and additional cleaning fees, if necessary. In the instance that you cannot provide a valid credit card number, you will be charged $300. The damage deposit must be received within thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled arrival. This payment will be refunded within thirty (30) days of departure, providing there is no damage or theft to the unit and all policies and conditions, including check-out instructions, were followed. Check-out instructions are posted in each home. If you wish to see them prior to booking your vacation, we are happy to email them to you. The renter agrees that he/she will not claim any charge backs or credits from his/her credit card company for any fees charged to his/her credit card, including but not limited to deposit, rental, or additional damage or security deposit fees.
7. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT: The rental period begins at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the day of arrival and terminates at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time on the day of departure, unless prior arrangements have been made. Early check-ins or late departures must be arranged in advance and may incur an extra charge. The properties are professionally cleaned and inspected before and after each rental to ensure that all guests have a clean comfortable stay. Please be thoughtful of renters who may be checking in on the same day that you check out. Occasionally, especially during season, you may arrive to find us not quite finished preparing your home for your vacation. We appreciate in advance your understanding if that occurs. Also, please do adhere to our check-out time to help us stay on schedule for the next guest.
8. KEYS: Please return the original key to the lockbox to avoid being locked out! Requests to open door as a result of a lost or misplaced key will result in a $100 fee. Failure to return all keys will result in a $30 charge PER KEY.
9. SIGHT UNSEEN: We make every effort to provide accurate descriptions and photographs of our properties. All our properties are furnished by the owners, reflecting their personal tastes and preferences. No refunds or adjustments will be made if the decor or furnishings are unacceptable to your taste. Rates, descriptions, bed sizes, inventories and furnishings are subject to change without notice. Although we will work diligently to handle a concern, neither Coastline Vacation Rentals, LLC nor the owner will be obligated to provide replacements or give refunds for failure or absence of any item.
10. DAMAGE AND CLEANING ISSUES: Any damage or cleaning issues noticed upon arrival should be reported immediately so problems can be documented and corrected. All general maintenance issues should also be reported so the unit can be kept in good repair. You must contact us to address any cleaning issues within 3 hours of your arrival. You will not incur any additional charges if the following items are adhered to:
- No damage is done to the unit or its content including the linens.
- No items are missing upon the inventory check. (This includes, but is not limited to, transferring items to other units.)
- All debris, garbage and discards are placed in proper containers.
- All soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
- There was no exceeding the maximum occupancy of the unit.
- There was no smoking or evidence of smoking in a designated non-smoking unit.
- Unit is left in neat condition.
- Pet friendly units show no sign of pet damage or excessive cleaning.
If you experience any problems whatsoever with the vacation property during your stay, please contact us and we will do our best to rectify the matter as soon as it is practically possible.
Please note that as Florida is a tropical state, insects such as ants and the like are occasionally inevitable, and are not cause for complaint. The vacation property is treated periodically as part of a pest and termite control program, and is cleaned after each rental.
11. NO SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed in any of our properties. Smoking is not allowed outside by any open window/door. Smoking is permitted on balconies as long as the doors and windows are closed and butts and ashes are disposed of properly.
12. SEVERE WEATHER: We do not refund rents or deposits lost due to cancelled or shortened stays because of weather. Departures due to inclement weather do not warrant refund of rent or deposit. We suggest Vacation Travel Insurance during the hurricane seasons.
13. PET POLICIES (Allowed in Pet Friendly Units Only): If you wish to bring more than one dog, please inquire before booking. There is a maximum pets allowed in each property. Guest pets must be treated for fleas and ticks prior to arrival. Guests must pick up after pets and properly dispose of pet waste if staying in a Pet Friendly Unit. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and all pet hair must be cleaned up prior to departure. A $150 fee will be charged if there is any report of pet hair on bedding and sofas. Guest pets must be leashed at all times when outside and please be aware of and adhere to the leash laws and/or restrictions for pets on the beach. The violation of any terms of this pet policy subjects the guest to additional fines or termination of the rental period. Guest pet policies and unit availability are subject to change per county and association rules and regulations at any time. Our pet policy is for dogs only. We do not permit cats or other pets. Bringing a dog into a unit that is not pet-friendly will result in immediate termination of your agreement and loss of all monies paid.
14. ELEVATORS: If your rental has an elevator, an adult must be present at all times when using the elevator. The availability of the elevator is not guaranteed, due to the possibility of problems occurring during your stay. There are no local repairmen for the elevator and it can take several days to get it repaired.
15. POOLS: No horseplay (running, jumping, climbing, etc.) allowed during the use of the pools. An adult must be present with children at all times while using the pool. Pools are not heated unless specifically indicated.
16. COMMUNITY RULES: Guest agrees to abide by rules of the community. These may be posted in the unit or at the community pool or office. These rules may change from time to time.
17. APPLIANCE AND UTILITY FAILURE: No refunds will be given for appliance or utility failure. We will make every effort to remedy any problems that may arise in as timely a manner as possible. Please make every effort on your part to remedy the situation. Unusual and unnecessary service calls will be billed to the guest(s).
18. UNITS FOR SALE: In the event that the property you are renting is on the market for sale, we may find it necessary to show the property during your stay. We will make every effort to schedule the showing at a convenient time so as to not interrupt your vacation.
19. UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY: In the event we determine the home to be unavailable for your scheduled vacation due to maintenance, hurricane damage or some other unforeseen problem, you will receive a full refund. We will make every effort to assist you in locating another property as well.
20. ADVERTISING: Every effort has been made for accuracy in our advertising, including our website; however, we are not responsible for errors and omissions. Rental data is subject to change without notice. Rental terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
21. ITEMS LEFT BEHIND: We cannot be responsible for lost items or items left behind. If you do discover you’ve forgotten something, however, we will make every effort to locate it and ship it to you at your expense.
22. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
- GUEST assures us that the tenants will observe all conditions and terms of this agreement as to maintaining the rental in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
- GUEST assures that any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Agreement shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant’s guest(s).
- GUEST agrees that any tenant who is found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
- GUEST and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises.
- GUEST agrees that during the term of this agreement and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the rental clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or may put in during the term of the agreement, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty only exception.
- GUEST agrees to indemnify and hold harmless owners/agent from and against any liability for personal or property damage sustained by any person (including visitors to your rental property) as a result of any cause. Whenever possible, valuables should be left secure and out of sight.
- GUEST understands that the property owner and Coastline Vacation Rentals, LLC, assume no liability or responsibilities for injuries or damages which may occur as a result of the use of the property or its amenities. It is understood that all members of our group, including visitors and guests, if any, are using this rental property and each amenity at our own risk. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times in and outside the vacation property.
- GUEST agrees to indemnify and save our company harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the premises by the GUEST, tenants, or guests or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the premises.
We accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or alteration to the terms of your reservation caused by events beyond our control, including but not restricted to war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays, or cancellations, airport closures, loss of luggage, adverse weather conditions, fire flood, or industrial dispute. We cannot accept any liability for failure of public supplies such as water, electricity, Internet or breakdown of the air conditioning system. Nor for the consequences of the action or omissions of persons who may control or supply main services, or any actions taken in the vicinity of the property reserved, by any authority over which there is no control.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: There are risks inherent in and associated with the use of any property, including the rental property, which may include risks of injury to person or property, or death. Certain risks may be more likely to occur in beachfront communities, such as where the rental property is located. Please call us immediately if there is any matter about which you are uncertain or which you believe may present an unreasonable risk to you. Risks which may be inherent to the rental property and the location in which it is located may include, without limitation: wet or slippery conditions both inside and out; water hazards, rough surf or undertow; being in proximity of, or use of, a swimming pool, bathtub or hot tub including without limitation risks of, drowning, heart attack, stroke or reactions to pool or cleaning chemicals; allergic or other reaction to cleaning or “freshening” products; allergic or other reaction to manmade and synthetic materials; actions of third parties not under the control of the property manager or unit owner; theft of, or damage to, personal property; electric shock or other injury in the use, or misuse, of any electric appliance or mechanical device; risk of injury in the use of garbage disposals, trash compactors, steam showers, saunas and other similar appliances. Pregnant females (or women who suspect they may be pregnant) may be subject to particular risks and should consult a physician before using a hot tub or spa. Alcohol and other state-altering substances should not be used in or around a pool, hot tub, bath tub or sauna. Guests assume these risks, whether enumerated or not, known or unknown, on their own behalf and on behalf of any person under any legal incapacity for whom they may be responsible.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The rental agent’s liability shall in no event exceed the amount of the rental payment received regardless of the kind or extent of injury, cause thereof, claim or legal theory advanced. The owner’s liability shall in no event exceed the lesser of the rental payment received or the liability insurance then in place regardless of the kind or extent of injury, cause thereof, claim or legal theory advanced. Renter agrees to the foregoing and waives all right to claim damages in excess of the foregoing amounts, and agrees to be limited for all purposes to such amounts.
CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: I understand and consent to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip, that an email of this agreement will serve as an original, and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 90 days after the rental is vacated. Additional charges may include: unauthorized long distance telephone and satellite TV charges; excessive cleaning fees; damages beyond normal wear and tear and unreturned keys.